Whether USA did it to China or China did it to the world, if the coronavirus is a bioweapon at this point it no longer matters. We are on the brink of WW3.
The public will never know what happened and neither government can possibly know what the other will do next. If it’s a bioweapon, whether it was released accidentally or deliberately, we are on the brink of war because suspicion and threat assessments will be at their highest levels.
A bioweapon need not be lethal to be effective. Witness the effects of coronavirus right now. When people are harmed in great numbers, but not killed, they require expensive care and paralyze whole societies.
Signs coronavirus is a bioweapon are its “gain of function.” Gain of function is jargon that means weaponizing a natural pathogen through genetic or chemical manipulation to produce a more lethal, contagious, or otherwise effective organism.
The coronavirus shows several signs of “gain of function.” It is highly contagious, has a long period of symptomless transmission, and is lethal enough to cause panic and social confusion.
If it is a bioweapon, the two most likely perpetrators of its release are USA or China. The release may have been deliberate or it may have been accidental. It is quite possible a third party is responsible; Russia, some rogue NGO, or some other entity.
A significant sign that coronavirus is a bioweapon is to date no government has officially released a chemical or genetic analysis of its structure. If it were a naturally occurring virus, such an analysis would be an important part of the news.
Unofficially, there are more than a few indications that coronavirus (COVID19) is a chimera containing parts of the HIV and SARS viruses spliced onto a naturally occurring coronavirus.
If coronavirus was accidentally released, whoever did it will have to work very hard to prove it was an accident. There are some signs the virus was accidentally released in the USA last summer. Other signs that it was released in China in early November.
At this point, all we the public have is probabilistic thinking and guesswork. I posted these thoughts not to be alarmist but to be realistic. I can understand governments not divulging all the facts. They do not want to further panic their populations. But many of us are smart enough to handle the details. For us the opacity is what is most unsettling.
…I [have] argued that coronaviruses have coevolved with the Chinese population, to the point of developing a commensal relationship. A few points:
– Such viruses include the common cold and are normally mild in their effects.
– Repeated coronaviral infections of lung tissue may actually help increase resistance to more serious pulmonary infections, like tuberculosis, pneumonia, and the Spanish flu of 1918—which curiously spared China.
– Chinese lung tissue would thus facilitate coronaviral infections as a sort of routine vaccination.
– If this is true, modern medicine has inadvertently made the Chinese population particularly vulnerable to deadly diseases like the Wuhan coronavirus by reducing the prevalence of milder pulmonary infections. (Coevolution with the plague)
This is the best essay I have seen on the topic of are or why are East Asians more susceptible to Covid19.
Nowadays, the topic of racial differences is avoided like the plague. If Covid19 is more harmful to East Asians (Mongoloids) due to ACE2 receptor differences in the lungs, no one benefits from hiding that information.
Game theory is experiencing a renaissance driven by the evolution of AI. What are some classic and new ideas that data scientists should be aware of.
Game theory is one of the most fascinating areas of mathematics that have influenced diverse fields such as economics, social sciences, biology and, obviously, computer science. There are many ways to think about game theory but one that I find really helpful, although overly simplistic, is:
game theory is probabilities with incentives
Games are playing a key role in the evolution of artificial intelligence(AI). For starters, game environments are becoming a popular training mechanism in areas such as reinforcement learning or imitation learning. In theory, any multi-agent AI system can be subjected to gamified interactions between its participants. The branch of mathematics that formulates the principles of games is known as game theory. In the context of artificial intelligence(AI) and deep learning systems, game theory is essential to enable some of the key capabilities required in multi-agent environments in which different AI programs need to interact or compete in order to accomplish a goal. (A Crash Course in Game Theory for Machine Learning: Classic and New Ideas)
This information is has not been confirmed but it comes from a famous Chinese dissident who also happens to be a billionaire. I do not believe he is lying. His information may be wrong, but many other signs point to a large pandemic that can no longer be contained. Watch the vid and decide for yourself.
EDIT: Here is another tape from Guo.
First, what we know:
Speculation based on what I have read, COVID-19:
- is likely a bio-weapon that escaped from a BSL-4 (Biosafety level 4) laboratory in Wuhan, China
- it could also be a dangerous naturally-occurring virus being studied at that lab
- statistics on numbers of infected and deaths in China are grossly underreported
- clusters appearing in other parts of the world and within institutions indicate significant likelihood that a worldwide pandemic may be unavoidable
- the virus attacks through ACE 2 receptors in the lungs
- at this point in time, this seems to indicate that Mongoloid-type individuals (who have more ACE 2 receptors than others) are more susceptible to the virus, though this has not been confirmed. Counterevidence includes: a) China is the epicenter and b) disease clusters are also appearing in Italy and Iran
- the WHO has been very ineffective against COVD-19 and may have hindered early containment (due to political connections with China’s CCP)
- the virus is highly contagious and can be spread by carriers who are entirely symptomless
- thus, it is only reasonable to take extra precautions against transmission: clean hands, don’t touch your face, shower more often, avoid crowds, and keep your distance from others
As for whether COVID-19 is a bio-weapon, RNA analyses seem to show that it is an unusually contagious chimera that could not have occurred naturally. WHO and all governments have been downplaying the danger of the virus to avoid panic and/or angering China.
If the virus is eventually shown to be a bio-weapon, worldwide turmoil will ensue. The above is what I have gathered from reading about the virus. On a small site like this, we can be honest without worrying about contributing to worldwide panic.
My listing of probabilities and uncertain evidence above is a sort of Bayesian reasoning tree. If any of the parts change, the whole tree could also change. A few other pieces of evidence in this line of reasoning are: a) a bio-weapon pandemic has been predicted for decades, largely because bio-weapons exist and several have already escaped (Lyme, SARS, MERS, etc); and b) a simulation of just such a pandemic was conducted in October 2019.
EDIT: Twitter feed with frequent updates: #Covid19