Raw emotions of ethnic and religious difference boil over sometimes. These displays of emotion are fundamental to human nature. Even when you train them away through “education,” you only end up with more of the same.
PC culture was the result of anti-tribal education in schools. Yet it succeeded only in producing another “tribe.” This one rigidly organized around non-negotiable PC ideals.
If you question those ideals you are an enemy of that tribe.
The PC tribe is not centered on the signs and symbols of ethnicity. Rather, it is centered on a tribal use of the neocortex, where we process the semiotics of allegiance to a group.
The intolerance of PC culture and the violence of its bastard child Antifa show how powerful and irreducible tribal emotions can be.
Ashley Judd’s diatribe and the pink pussy hats that appeared after the election are another example of the raw emotions of tribal allegiance. Note the pink hats as semiotic identifiers.
You have to be intelligent to overcome a tribe, maybe in the top 10-20 percent of any population. But then, how do you deal with the other 80 percent?
Should you lead them?
No, you really shouldn’t and certainly not without their input. An ideological tribe is unstable and often capable of even worse violence than an ethnic tribe.
Example one: Communism, which shows how low human nature can be across many different cultures.
Example two: Our sorry intellectual “leaders” in academia who have led American society nowhere good.
Indeed, academia has “succeeded” mostly in forming only one thing—a $elf-aggrandizing tribe of its own, which is overwhelmingly leftist and intolerant of anyone who dares disagree.
Academia, of course, acts as backup to our equally tribal media and political elite.
Only a recluse can escape tribal reality. Only fools play “intellectual” games with it.
first posted JUNE 6, 2017
UPDATE 12/07/22: Some of the vocabulary has changed but the raw tribal nature of our world most decidedly has not. ABN