On April 16, 1943, Albert Hoffman inadvertently inhaled LSD vapors and: “felt himself becoming dizzy while working in his Sandoz lab with a couple of new chemical compounds. He suspected he had inhaled some solvent vapors and went home to lie down in a darkened room, at which point he ‘sank into a not unpleasant, intoxicated-like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination'”

Below are his notes, written some days later, describing the first human experience of LSD intoxication.

It was not all roses. More here: The World’s First-Ever Acid Trip Actually Kinda Sucked.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s